I could kind of call the whole year a fail but I’m not sure why. Let’s just say I’m happy to see 2012 gone but for no particular reason. Here’s a few moments I wish had never happened or I’m still not over:
1. Deleting all the photos from my old blog – I’m not sure if I ever actually told you what happened. Basically I got a new phone, something I’d been waiting for for months. It synced with Google and all of a sudden I had thousands of photos on my phone. I thought it was taking up tons of space on my new phone which was my problem with my old phone. So I started deleting them knowing that they were all photos from my blog. I thought I was deleting them from my phone. NOT FROM MY BLOG! Ugh. 5 years gone. No one to blame but myself. Or Google.
2. Hurricane Sandy – Remember when I got trapped in DC? I mean really I should be calling Frontier Airlines the failure because they cancelled my original flight 5 months earlier that left Sunday morning, then they cancelled my Sunday evening flight who knows when BECAUSE THEY NEVER ALERTED ME! before the storm even arrived. I guess I got an extended vacation. And I know I was much better off than the poor people in other parts of the East coast who lost EVERYTHING. So, suck it Sandy!
3. The Zoo – I love J&J and we had a great time but I should have listened to Drinking Buddy when she told me that we aren’t Zoo People.
4. Food – I’ve been a bad vegan and I’ve got some changes coming in that regard in 2013. But even more than that I feel like 2012 was a food failure. Don’t get me wrong, I ate some great food but it wasn’t very healthy. And I cooked a lot less than I wanted too. The times I did cook were often failures in and of themselves. I spent a whole weekend making lasagna once. It was amazing but I will NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.
5. That Guy – K-State used to have this basketball coach. I kinda sorta LOVED him. And then he broke my heart. I’m still pissed. But I’m moving on. It’s just that sometimes, when I’m lonely, I still think of him and what could have been…
6. Chocolate Ale – Yes, I’m still mad at Boulevard for not brewing enough Chocolate Ale last February. Or the one before. In fact I’m still really pissed about it. Boo to you Boulevard.